Re: Lyrics scroll lag in version 1.0.6.4 of KaraWin Pro

Problems and answers, tips and tricks
The Minstrel

Re: Lyrics scroll lag in version 1.0.6.4 of KaraWin Pro

Postby The Minstrel » Sat Sep 18, 2004 10:54 pm

Hi JP! I know you monitor the forum, so I figured it best to see if anyone else is having the same problem with this new version of KaraWin Pro. It seems every cdg file that plays delays before it gets to the following screen. I even tried to use the Lyrics Delay (Mp3) feature to correct the lag and it has no effect. I am using WIN98 2nd Edition (updates are current).

jp
Site Admin

Postby jp » Sun Sep 19, 2004 8:51 pm

I am not sure to fully understand your problem.
Is it a permanent delay between the musid and the display?

Notice that some cdg use scrolling instructions very cpu consumming.
Depending of the cpu power and the graphic card, a little delay can be observed but it is only transient.
Hi

The Minstrel

Lyrics scrolling delay

Postby The Minstrel » Thu Mar 10, 2005 7:04 am

Ok, JP, let me be a bit more clear... I am using KaraWin Pro (newest update, version 1.0.8.0. build 050308) on a different system (before it was Win98 SE) that now has an Intel P4 processor with 2.40 GHz and 512 MB RAM. When I try to play mp3/cdg's such as those from ZOOM, the title screen fades out, but the song is already playing the first verse's backing track and the lyrics have not yet appeared. When they finally do appear, they scroll rapidly to "catch up" and then play fine until another "fade away" lyric screen appears. Then it repeats rapid scrolling until the lyrics have caught up again to the melody line. I'm wondering if any other users are having this same problem with ZOOM files and some others? Sorry, I would enjoy using this all the time, but I can't use the program out in live venues until this glitch is fixed; and I'm surely not going to pay for registration for a program that is unusable in a live setting. ~ The Minstrel

jp
Site Admin

Postby jp » Thu Mar 10, 2005 8:58 pm

Sorry for the delay, I was a bit busy for the new delivery and the web update.

It seems that you have a problem with the graphic driver.
Try to see if an update is available.

In the mean time, try to lower the number of colors of the screen.
Some graphics cards are very slow in 2D display but very optimized for 3D.

The next step of the pro for cdg is to use directX to improve that.
Hi

The Minstrel

Re: Lyrics scrolling delayed

Postby The Minstrel » Fri Mar 11, 2005 9:01 am

Well JP, I've updated the graphics driver (SiS650) and lowered the colors to 16 bit settings. Still the same effect. I've forwarded a file from ZOOM, "Breakfast in America" by Supertramp at your request so you can try it for yourself. I know it isn't just my system because it happens on the WIN98 SE system we own too. Hope this helps. Keep me informed.

Return to “Problems”